Saturday 22 November 2014

Update (22/11/14) - Polybius, Jean Machado, Interviews & Jordon Schultz!

This is the first update post on the weekend, and I hope to stick with this format as it seems to fit my life a lot better.

Yesterday, you probably were a little surprised about what you saw from my blog. It's kind of funny, but I didn't actually plan to write about Polybius. I've mentioned in a few previous update posts that I was going to do a look back at my teenage years because I've just turned 20 years old and closed the chapter which is my teenage years. 

Anyway, whilst writing that, I didn't feel that it would come across the way I would want it to or it wouldn’t be worth reading. Instead of this, I decided to write about Polybius which happens to be one of my most favourite stories. I have to say that it was probably the most enjoyable blog post I have ever written. It took a little over three hours to write, but I loved every second of it. I'm pleased to know that lots of you enjoyed it and sometime in the near future I hope to write similar posts. If you didn't get the chance to read it, you can find it HERE.

In the last update post, I talked about my interview with Jean Machado. Well, everything is going well with that and I’m finishing up the questions as we speak. I also touched on an interview with Five Grappling president, Dayan Henson. There's no news on that currently as they are not really active with their Facebook account, so it may take a while before I receive a reply.

Also, I mentioned last time how Jordon Schultz has left BJJ. For those of you who aren't familiar with Jordon, he is a two time world champion (2010 purple lightweight and 2011 brown lightweight) and at one point was probably one of the best brown belts in the world. Over the last few years, he's been in the BJJ news about leaving alliance and the Lloyd Irvin rape scandal, and as a result hasn't been getting the results he used to. In early 2014, he was promoted to black belt by André Galvão and quit BJJ in the last few months. 

Honestly, I find that really sad. How can a two time world champion, who has put so much time and effort into this sport just quit and move on with life? I'm a big fan of Jordon and I love his style of Jiu-Jitsu, I feel it’s very similar to mine. I asked to do an interview with him but he declined and we might work together on something in the future, but at the moment that doesn't look promising. With his permission, I will hopefully write something about him and share some of his best matches. I will even ask him if I can feature him in a Match of the Week episode. 

If you would like to see the extreme talent Jordon has, then take a look at his highlight video below:

(If you are viewing on a mobile device, please click HERE


That's all I have to say this week. Some really exciting stuff to come soon! Hopefully, this new schedule will be more beneficial in me creating more exciting content.

Catch you later,

Giordano

0 comments:

Post a Comment