Friday 30 January 2015

2015 - Bigger & Better

This is the first update post of 2015. I haven’t done an update post for nearly two months, wowzers! It may be a little late but I'll say it anyway. Happy New Year to all my readers!

I thought I'd make this post to tell you about some of my goals this year, and also what you can expect in the not so distant future.

Last year was a great year for this blog. I can't believe it's been over a year now since I've been blogging. I now have close to 140,000 views and I've made it my goal to reach 250,000 by the end of the year. The ways things are going, I'm pretty sure I'll hit that. I want to be more consistent in my writing, cover more diverse topics, have more interviews, come up with new series etc. I'm sure I'll cover a few of them in this post. 

Okay, so, last year, the amount of times I posted varied from time to time. It was anywhere from 1 - 4. This year, I'm planning on posting 3 - 4 times a week. The Match of the Week and the update post will cover two of those, and the others will be covered with articles, interviews, a new series etc. 

I'm getting back into writing more specific articles and I'm working on one now for this weekend. It's titled; 'Medals vs. Prize Money'. The title pretty much gives it away, but I'll talk about both sides of the argument, the pros and cons of both, you get the idea. I've already structured it and got my bullet points down ready for writing it this weekend. I do this with all my reviews/articles and I think it works great to plan before you write. 

Can you remember 10 Years of BJJ? Yes, that old series I haven't written in 6 months. Well, that was actually a big hit with you guys and I'll be planning on continuing to write that this weekend or if not, next Wednesday. I really enjoyed putting that series together because I don't find it that hard to write about myself. When you write articles or anything information based, it takes time, it has to edited, look aesthetically pleasing etc. But with 10 Years of BJJ, it’s my journey, so it isn't really that stressful to write. I'm actually really pleased to say that it's back. 

In the beginning when I started blogging, I was banging out interviews left, right and center, but it started to slow down toward the last quarter of the year. Now, it's time to get back on the horse. Jean Machado is taking a little longer than I expected, but that's no problem, and in the meantime I'm looking for somebody else. At this precise moment, I'm thinking about asking Mikey Musumeci for my next interview. He's young, very talented, and will make for a great guest. So, hopefully he will say yes and we can create a good interview together. 

I always liked the idea of creating series for my blog. I did 10 Years of BJJ and Match of the Week, and they both turned out to be a massive success. When I started this blog, I was NOT going to teach anybody, nor was I going to give anyone advice on anything. It's not that I didn't want to help anyone, it's just that I wouldn't feel very comfortable doing that. I'm actually not very comfortable doing that in real life, never mind online. Getting back on topic, I'm always trying to think of new ideas for series and hopefully you'll be seeing a few very soon. 

Last week, I wrote about Beyond Belief: Fact or Fiction and it did very well, so far that I thank you kindly. I don't do non-BJJ related topics very often, but when I do they're always received well. I have a few in mind to write about next, but don't expect one of them for at least a month or two. 

I guess that all I have to talk about for this post. However, there's one thing I have to mention! I've finally got myself a Facebook fan page. In the beginning, I didn't really think it was necessary, but now I think I've reached the point where it would be good to have one. At the end of every post for the next few weeks, just to get the ball rolling, I'll be mentioning it to everyone to like it. So, if you haven't already... PLEASE LIKE THE PAGE!

This concludes this update post. I think 2015 is going to be a great year for this blog. I hope you continue on this journey with me.

Catch you later,

Giordano

0 comments:

Post a Comment