Monday 5 May 2014

Update (05/05/14) - Thanks for 35K, JT Torres, Copa Podio & Vince Russo

Before I start, I would first like to apologise for not posting much last week, but normal service will be resumed this week.
 
Okay, well where do I start? It's almost been two weeks since I last posted an update post, and lots of things have happened.
 
So, I've continued to write my series '10 Years of BJJ', and it has been very successful, and as always I am eternally grateful for all the support. This week I started to post some of the parts on Reddit, and they were met with lots of success and feedback, so I am very happy. Part 4 (My First Competition) in particular saw lots of success. In fact, it gained over 1500 views in 12 hours, which is incredible! And as a result is my second most viewed post on this blog.
 
I have seen a lot of traffic in the past two weeks to this blog, and as a result I have surpassed 35,000 views! Which I am over the moon about, and all I can say is thank you to everybody who takes the time to read my content, it really does mean a lot. As a result, I'm pretty sure I shall hit my goal of 100,000 views before the end of the year.
 
Now, I have gone a little dry in terms of interview recently. I try my best to get at least one interview out every 2-3 weeks, but I currently have three interview out at the moment, and I am still waiting for replies to them. Those interviews are of course Ryan Hall, Kit Dale and Gianni Grippo. These interviews I am really excited about, as I asked a lot of question I think you guys will be interested in. However, they all have very busy lives, and it might take a while to receive a reply. Although, I can’t wait forever, I need to still be asking for interviews with people, and recently I asked JT Torres to do an interview with me. As of now I haven't heard anything from him, but fingers crossed I will receive a reply off him soon.
 
The last time I wrote an update post, I talked a little about writing an article about the 2014 WPJJC. Well, time has gone by since then, and I think you need to write articles about events pretty soon after the event itself has taken place, so I think it’s a little passé. However, I am planning on writing an article for the upcoming Copa Podio event held on May 10th in Rio de Janeiro. They have a lot of exciting fighters taking part, so it should be an awesome event overall.
 
Hopefully, sometime this week I also hope to write a non-BJJ related article. This article I intend to write about Vince Russo. Now, some of you may be familiar with Vince and some of you might not, but he has a lot to do with professional wrestling. Most of you might not know this about me, but I am at heart a big professional wrestling fan. Although, I don't watch the product much now, I still to try and keep up to date with everything that is happening.
 
I have a big interest in wrestling controversies; shoot interviews, creative teams etc. And one man I am particularly interested in is Vince Russo. I can tell you I have spent a lot of time watching interviews with him as I find him and his past very interesting. Vince himself is considered by many to be the savior of the WWF in the mid-late 90's, and is responsible for turning it into one of the most popular TV shows in America, and spawning what is known as the 'attitude era'. There is a lot I could say about Vince Russo, but I shall leave it mostly for the article.
 
Now, I don't plan on writing many non-BJJ articles, but I thought I would throw one in every now and then, just to mix things up and perhaps reach out to a new audience.
 
That's all for this week, and be sure to look out for lots of exciting contenting coming your way this week!
 
Catch you later,
 
Giordano

0 comments:

Post a Comment