Tuesday 1 July 2014

Update (01/07/14) - The Return of The Berimbolo Kid

I'm back! Man, it felt so good to say that.

I can safely now say I am back to my blogging duties and I am happy to bring you lots of exciting new content over the next couple of months.

So… Where have you been?

Well, in my last post I said that I would be going on hiatus for a while due to college work, since it was the end of the year and I needed to finish and get my work up to standard to be able to get the grades necessary for university. Thankfully, I can say I have finished college now and hopefully everything will go okay so I can attend university next year where I will be studying civil engineering. So, now I have finished, I can focus 100% of my time to my blog, which is something I love to do.

Before I left you guys, I did a three part series on professional wrestling, which was very well received and I had a considerable amount of good feedback from social media. So for that thank you kindly! And, don't worry, that was simply a one off thing and I don't plan on writing about any professional wrestling or non-BJJ topics for a while. 

But what exactly do you have planned over the next few months?

Lots of things actually! Firstly, I'm going to be continuing with my series "10 Years of BJJ", and the ninth installment is already partially written and I am planning on publishing it on Friday. 

Next, I will still conducting interviews as per usual, with my interview with Kit Dale hopefully being uploaded on Thursday if everything goes to plan. But what happened with the JT Torres interview you talked about? Actually, I contacted JT and had no reply, so I don't know if he has missed my message or he simply just doesn't want to do it. Either way I'm not going to wait forever, I'll just ask somebody else; there are plenty of people on my list I want to interview.

Now, let me address the Gianni Grippo and Ryan Hall situation. For a while now, I have promised you guys and interviews with Gianni Grippo and Ryan Hall which they both agreed to and have received my questions. But where are their answers? Well, they haven't replied, so what can I do? Although, to be fair Ryan Hall was kind enough to tell me that he didn't have time for all of my questions since he is very busy which I can respect, but you promised you would answer my questions and I sent them to you in February which I think is a long enough time to answer, but again I can’t wait forever if he answers them then great, but if he doesn't I'll move on. 

On the other hand, Gianni hasn't replied to any of my messages and maybe someday he will but I am not going to sweat it. The only thing I have a problem with is saying you will do an interview and then never doing it after giving me your word. I mean why would you do that? You’re just wasting my time. And it takes some time to sit there and think of 30-40 creative and interesting questions which my audience will hopefully find interesting. I hope one day Gianni might answer my questions, and if that day comes I will let you all know immediately. 

I'm sorry if I let any of you guys down! But it's out of my hands.

Okay, so moving swiftly on! I've come up with a new series which I haven't come up with a name for yet but it's basically going to be a weekly match of the week series. Now, this is going to take place every Monday but the first episode will be published tomorrow just to get the ball rolling and from then on will be continued every Monday. 

In this series, I will put up a BJJ match I like and will also ask for suggestions on social media. I will try and stay away from the 'classic' matches which we have all seen, but every now and again I might throw one in. My aim is to share with you guys BJJ matches which most of you have probably never seen, and that are some of my favourites. Like I said, the first episode will be uploaded tomorrow! 

I also have some pretty good articles in mind for the next few coming weeks so stay tuned for that also!

Before I finish, I just want to say that today we passed 76,000 views which I am pleased with even though I haven't uploaded in seven weeks. And, even though I am not uploading anything, I am still managing to get at least 100 views every day and I hope to pick up again where I left off. This is the start of a new era for The Berimbolo Kid and I hope all of you stay along for the ride. 

Come back tomorrow for the first episode of my match of the week series.

P.S. I've changed my Twitter name. You can now find me at @BerimboloKid.

Catch you later,

Giordano

0 comments:

Post a Comment