Saturday 18 October 2014

Paragon Professional Jiu Jitsu Invitational Announced

The Paragon Professional Jiu Jitsu Invitational is set to take place on Saturday, January 10, 2015 at the St David's Hall, Cardiff. It will be a superfight format, similar to Metamoris and includes some of the best Jiu-Jitsu fighters on the planet including Dean Lister, Victor Estima, JT Torres and Keenan Cornelius. The matches themselves have not been formally announced to the public as of yet. 


Man, I cannot tell you how excited I am for this event! I would be over the moon if an event like this came to the UK, but for it to come to Wales and to be on my doorstep, I cannot put it into words how thrilled I am. 

As of now, not much information has been released about the event. The only information available is the information I shared with you in the opening paragraph. Although, tickets are available right now, with tickets starting from £25 ($40). Personally, I think that is really reasonable for an event like this. 

I'm not sure if this is going to be one off event, or the first of many, similar to Metamoris. I really do hope this will be not just a one off, and they will continue to put on events every few months. Obviously, this is all dependent upon the success of the first event, but I do think this is really going to be a big hit in the UK. If they do decide to put on more shows, I don't think they will stick with Wales, but instead host each event in a different area of the UK. Of course, I'm merely speculating here. 

The last time a major grappling event which was held in the UK was ADCC 2011. I was actually there for that event, and what an awesome experience it was. The crowd during the entire event was amazing. I hope it will be the same for this event. 

To have an event like this on your doorstep is incredible. In fact, it may never happen again. I'm sure the entire UK BJJ community will support this event, especially the BJJ community in Wales.

Once the matches are announced, I will be sure to immediately give you guys my thoughts on them.  

Make sure you like their page on Facebook.

If you would like to purchase tickets for the event, please click HERE.  

Catch you later,

Giordano

0 comments:

Post a Comment